We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of our website. We created the following policy guidelines with a fundamental respect for our users’ right to privacy.
- What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- What are cookies and why are they useful ?
- Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
- How do we allow you to update or change your personal information ?
- Your consent
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When you order, we need to know your name, email address, mailing address, credit card number, and credit card expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
- When you sign up for services like Newsletters or download certain software or plug-ins made available by us through our service, we need only an email address — which we use to send the information you requested.
- We may also use the information we collect to notify you about important functionality changes to our services, new services, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, visit your account to change your preferences. Make sure to change your preferences for each account or email address you have left with us.
How do we protect your personal information?
We use the latest encryption technology to keep your personal information safe. All your ordering information including your name, address, and credit card number is encrypted using a secure server for maximum security. Your credit card and billing information cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. To ensure that your information is even more secure, once we receive your credit card information, we store it in a secured, 128-bit encrypted, highly protected and separate environment. We’re so certain that our online order systems are secure that we back it up with a guarantee. In the unlikely event that you are subject to fraudulent charges, remember to first notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. If, for whatever reason, you are held responsible for any fraudulent charges made through our service, we will cover the entire liability for you, up to $50, as long as the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made from our website while using our secure server.
Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
What are cookies and why are they useful ?
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, our users, or others.
How do we allow you to update or change your personal information ?
Upon request, we will (a) correct personal information that you notify us is erroneous; or (b) permit you to “opt out” of further e-mail contact while still allowing access to the site. To request a correction or cancellation, or to “opt out” of further e-mail contact, please contact us by email.
To unsubscribe from any Newsletter, simply hit the “Unscuscribe” link provided in each message you receive from GiantChair, Inc.
This document was last modified on 15 December, 2004.