March 24, 2015 12:29pm
Listen, Yankee is informed by the author’s unique history—not only as an observer of Cuba’s complex and intricate past, but also as a revolutionary leader of student movements in the US, one whose efforts to mobilize political change in the US mirrored a simultaneous radical transformation in Cuba.
“This books is much more than an account of the politics of the current thaw: it is a memoir and a meditation, a thoughtful reflection on the inter-American struggles of activists, intellectuals and politicians for a more just world.” — Greg Grandin, author of The Empire of Necessity: Slavery, Freedom, and Deception in the New World.
Thursday, March 26th/ ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN
7pm, Reading and book signing.
- Nicola’s Books, 2513 Jackson Ave, Ann Arbor.
Sunday, March 29th/ DETROIT, MICHIGAN
3pm, Author reading and discussion.
- Source Booksellers, 4240 Cass Avenue Ste. 105
- The event is free, but please RSVP here.
Thursday, April 2nd/ SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA
6:30 pm, Reading and discussion.
- Diesel Books, Brentwood Country Mart, 225 26th St., Ste. #33, Santa Monica.
Saturday, April 18th/ LA TIMES BOOK FESTIVAL, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
11:30 am – 12:00 pm, LIVE author interview with Peter Slen, with call-in segment on C-SPAN Book TV.
- For full schedule of Book TV coverage, click here.
4:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Panel discussion with Tom Hayden, Amy Wilents, Rena Pederson and Ronald Brownstein, moderated by Scott Kraft.
- At the Los Angeles Times Book Festival at The Norris Theater, 27570 Norris Center Dr., Rolling Hills Estates.
Wednesday, April 29th/ NEW YORK, NEW YORK
7pm, Q&A with Juan Gonzalez.
- Barnes & Noble, 33 East 17th St., New York.
Sunday, May 3rd/
9:30 am, Q&A and breakfast with Politics & Prose.
- Busboys & Poets Takoma, 235 Carroll St., Washington, D.C.
2:30 pm, NPR interview with radio host Marc Steiner.
- Enoch Pratt Library, Central Library, Poe Room, 400 Cathedral St., Baltimore.